Thursday, January 24, 2008

Twistin and a Turnin

Life has been rather hectic. I really do not know how to describe my emotions except that I have been feeling rather unemotional, empty, and god knows what else. Maybe the stresses of this quarter are already getting to me. I feel like being back in the sorority is a great thing, but at the same time, the constant events and the lack of free time is officially starting to slap me in the face. I have always hated winter quarter, and really this is of no difference. Even so early on, I feel like I'm going to fail all my classes. I probably won't, but I just have this knot in my stomach. As always, I am yet again over analyzing and stressing over life, existence, and everything in between. I like to stress about little things and build it up to big things, which is so unnecessary, but completely unavoidable in my mind.

I really do not know what to feel. If anything, I would think that my current state can be described as being a zombie. I am a mindless drone, without any form of indentifiable emotion, doing everything that I can, and hating it all at the same time. Honestly, all I want to do is sleep. If god had pity, he would put me in a coma right now. I would enjoy that. Maybe if I was in a coma for a month it would make up for my years of sleep deprivation. If only.

Lastly, Heath Ledger's passing is truly a tragedy. I saw him as a rising star with only greatness to come forth. What angers me more is the fact that after his death, people have the guts to trash him for one singular role. Ok, he was in Brokeback Mountain, and he played a gay cowboy. No need to bag him for that role. My specific example is John Gibson of Fox News. His ignorance is so infuriating. He pretty much slams Ledger as well as homosexuals everywhere, and yet Fox has the balls to still keep him talking. Gibson should be fired for his atrocious statements, or at least be told to shut the fuck up.

1 comment:

Brad said...

Fox is dumb. You probably haven't heard about Mass Effect but it's a game where there's a sex scene comparable to one seen on prime TV. Anyways Fox had a "psychologist" on the air to discuss it and they were saying how it had very graphic nudity and sexual acts. They also claimed this was marketed towards kids. Of course they never actually saw the scene or played the game. Stupid fox. Arg, now EA is complaining to Fox and the psychologists' book on Amazon has around 300 1 star ratings.