Thursday, January 17, 2008

Down the Shithole....

I read this online today, and this is why the music industry is going down the shithole...I'm sure everyone knows that retarded song "Soulja Boy." The song in itself is the epitome of everything that is WRONG with the music industry and why it is heading into a continual spiral down the drain.

Apparently...Soulja Boy has become the largest digital single of all time!! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!?!?! 3 million LEGAL downloads. What idiots want to download that piece of crap of a song? I could have pieced together a song way better than that in a manner of minutes. I hope Soulja Boy gets hit by a car. People like him should not be in the music industry.

Really though, I can't even blame Soulja Boy. He is just trying to make a living, granted, he is making millions off of a dumb song so I guess I can pin that onto him. I have to blame the mindless idiots who listen to this crap. First of all, do music listeners even have a mind now a days? They think something is catchy and then they listen to it repeatively because it is trendy. It is the "it" song of the moment. I went to a party during summer school at SB. I decided not to go in because the apartment was crowded, so I stood outside. As I was watching the crowds walk by, some idiot plays the stupid Soulja Boy song. A huge group of white kids, and I mean the whitest possible kids you can imagine, start doing the apparent "dance" to the song on the streets!! It was absolutely hilarious yet completely ridiculous at the same time. THESE are the people that make the music industry suck. THESE are the people that have no sense whatsoever.

Next time you listen to a song, pay attention to the lyrics. Pay attention to its' composition. Apparently most of America does not know how to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Audrey, this is Kelly. I just found this through your xanga. :)

I think people like that song because of the ridiculous dance. I personally hate that song myself, but I guess all the hype is about the dance.