Sunday, February 17, 2008

Just Another Drive Back Home

I had a random encounter on my way back home Thursday night. I was dropping off my roommate in Woodland Hills so that her boyfriend could pick her up. Her boyfriend ended up being about 30 minutes late because he got pulled over. I decided to drive around instead of just waiting there. My roommate insisted on me leaving her, but how could I leave a girl by herself at a gas station at 11:30 at night. That would be ridiculous. I could never do that.

We ended up in a donut shop. We grabbed a donut then I had to use the bathroom. There was a gas station next door so we walked over to it. As we were walking toward it, a car pulls up with a guy and a girl in the vehicle. The girl gets out of the car and runs into the gas station. I walk in right behind her. She runs up the attendant slips him something, which he slips her something in return, and then she runs back out into the car. I could have sworn that it was sort of drug or drug paraphernalia, but I decided not to say anything for the time being. I walked up to the cashier and asked if I could use the bathroom. He replied rudely with a, "Not for you!" And I was appalled, because he was a complete jerk. I was about to turn around and leave until my roommate butted in and said "How about we buy something?" He said, "Ok, then you can use the bathroom." I'm sure his rudeness had something to do with us walking in on his "drug deal."

We walk outside and I ask my roommate, "was there anything strange about that whole incident?" And she said no. So I told her about what I thought I saw, and she thinks it is strange how the girl just runs in there and then leaves after slipping the cashier something in her hand. So she starts freaking out, because both of us were witnesses to a drug deal. We both decide to leave asap because it was almost midnight by this point and that whole incident was freaky.

Truly a really random incident.

No comments: