Sunday, November 23, 2008

In Love and Compassion

I whine, I complain, and I bitch about my life. When in reality, what do I really have to complain about? Yes, I went through many trials and tribulations this year. Yes, I have been royally screwed over in many different ways. Yes, I've questioned so many things about my life because of all the events. But as the saying goes, what doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger. So here I am. I am ready to face the world, I am stronger, and I am more mature.

I guess part of the change has to do with my recent spiritual transformation. I have been attending Buddhist classes for the past couple of months, and they have given me many revelations. It all makes so much sense when I think about it. Yet, all of it seems so simple. I recently got another tattoo on my right inside forearm to remind me of the teachings that I have gained and will continue to gain. I think my relationship with many have changed because of this. Through adversity brings a closer bond. I think this rings especially true with my family. I think I have grown so much closer to my mom, my estranged dad, and my brother. I cherish them so much more than I have before. All of us have bonded in a way that could have only happened through adversity.

Friends also help. Friends who understand the predicaments that you face, and that know what is going on. Not those that are still growing, those that are still not mature to tell me how it is. I have the pleasure of knowing people that I can always go to for great advice. This doesn't mean that I dislike or disregard my friends that are supposedly immature or have not grown. Those that give me advice are elders to me and thus have more experience and know more. They tell me how reality is, rather than letting myself distorting it in a negative manner, and I thank them for that.

For once in my life, I think I am heading toward a new direction. Although I feel old in the state that I am in right now, I am ready. I am feeling optimistic for once in my life. Even though challenges will always block my way, I am willing to face them.

No comments: